assistance through donations
Our belief is that every young person should be given an opportunity to reach their full potential. With that in mind donation requests will be considered in accordance with the MRP Foundation's vision and purpose. Rather than offering cash donations we grant merchandise and product from Mr Price Group stores. If you would like to apply for assistance, please complete the form below. Ensure that you attach:
- copy of npo certificate
- proposal of requirements on a letterhead - not more than 3 pages
- bbbee certificate
- please note that if you do not attach the required forms your application will be rejected.
- applications for donations are considered annually and open from April 1 and close once funds have been allocated. Donations for 2018 are currently closed and will reopen in April 2019.
we will consider:
- requests focused on the physical, mental and emotional wellbeing of youth under the age of 24.
- requests focused on using sport as a development tool for the physical, mental and emotional wellbeing of children and youth.
- requests that are of a developmental nature.
- requests that benefit children & youth from poor communities or previously disadvantaged groups.
- requests from registered npos, with a npo number (issued by the department of social development) and certificate that have been in existence for at least 18 months.
- schools requests must be on a school letterhead with the relevant emis number.
- organisations must be based in south africa.
we will not consider:
- sponsorship of any nature where the benefit is purely focused on brand exposure.
- sports sponsorships.
- golf days, fashion shows and beauty contests.
- ‘once off’ events (including annual events) - viz. rallies, conferences, conventions, fun days, walks, fundraisers or tournaments.
- infrastructure or operating costs.
- organisations outside of south africa.