assistance through donations
Donation requests are closed. Regrettably, we have reached capacity for 2021.
Donations will again be considered from April 2022 for those organisations who fit the criteria.
Our belief is that every young person should be given an opportunity to reach their full potential. With that in mind donation requests will be considered in accordance with the MRP Foundation's vision and purpose. Rather than offering cash donations we grant merchandise and product from Mr Price Group stores. If you would like to apply for assistance, please complete the form below. Ensure that you attach:
- A certified copy of NPO certificate, with NPO number
- A motivation letter - not more than 3 pages
- BBBEE certificate (if available)
- Please note that if you do not attach the required forms your application will be rejected
- Donations are considered from April 1 - August 31, closed period from September 1 - March 31. Applications received outside of these dates will not be considered.
we will consider:
- Requests focused on the physical, mental and emotional wellbeing of youth
- Requests focused on using sport as a developmental tool for the physical, mental and emotional wellbeing of children and youth
- Requests that are of a developmental nature
- Requests that benefit children and youth from low-income communities or previously disadvantaged groups
- Requests from Children's Homes or Community Centres
- Requests from registered NPOS, with a NPO number (issued by the Department of Social Development) and certificate, and has been in existence for at least 18 months. A certified copy is required.
- Schools requests must be on a school letterhead with the relevant EMIS number.
- Organisations must be based in South Africa.
we will not consider:
- Sponsorship of any nature where the benefit is purely focused on brand exposure
- Sports sponsorships
- Golf days, fashion shows and beauty contests.
- 'Once off’ events (including annual events) - viz. rallies, conferences, conventions, fun days, walks, fundraisers or tournaments
- Infrastructure or operating costs
- Organisations outside of South Africa